Actually, there are some things you should know before you start blogging. They are simply the bed rock of the experience you must have before you could be a good blogger.
Some Vital Things to Know Before You Start Blogging
You have to be smart and take them very serious as you take other routines of your life so serious. You must have been wondering that what is actually a blog and what are blog used for. These and many related questions might be what you needed answers to.
What is a blog?
A blog is an online informational website which displays information in a chronological order. The order could be with latest posts appearing first, the recent posts, till it get to the last post. This is done hierarchically according to the type of designs or themes on the website.
Blog is also a platform where a writer or group of writers share vital views on a particular subject or topic.
what are blog used for?
1. Blog can be used to promote market or business, product or services.
2. Blogs are used for researches. This means that blog helps people to get the kind of information they want easily.
3. Blogs are wonderful tools to help bloggers establish themselves as an expert over a selected field or niche.
4. Through blog, you can connect with the people like you. Blog can help you find like-minded people.
5. Blog helps you to stay active and more knowledgeable about a field or niche or topic.
6. Blog can be used to make money. One of the motives of every blogger is to make money from the blog he/she created.
7. Blog helps to be more creative and fun filled.
Here are some of the things you should know before you start blogging.
1. Blogging is Not Actually Free.
You have to know that blogging is not free. Blog is a platform where you can share useful ideas to the right audience by writing a good content. To have a self-hosted blog requires money. You will have to buy a domain name and host. One of the things you should know before you start blogging is that a self-hosted blog is the best to have. This will give you the avenue to have total control over your blog.
If you will have to make money from your blog, you will have to spend money too. You will need to spend money on the social media marketing. Facebook traffic is one of those social media marketing you should know about. Having a unique design can help you to maximize your profits too. Likewise, you will have to install good and functional plugins on the website. This and many more of things to get your blog to be an eye catching blog are things you should know before you start blogging.
2. Blogging Requires Consistency
Consistency is one of those things you should know before you start blogging. Consistency is the key to growth of blogging. You will have to be consistent on the topics and contents you write article on. It is very important to be consistent in the world of blogging. This will in turn boost the traffic(audience) on your blogging platform. For the traffic to grow on a regular basis, you will have to be consistent with post published. You can publish at least three to five times a week and be consistent on it. These are vital things you should know before you start blogging.
3. Blog Traffic is Easy to Get but Hard to Keep
To get blog traffic is easy but to retain them is the problem. There are some ways in which you can still manage to retain your visitors on the blog. One of them is through
- Email list: collect emails of your visitors. You can have your site designed in such a way that when people will make comments on your post. Through this, you must have included email as part of information they will supply. It is one of the best ways to increase your traffic.
- Build a community with your audience/visitors: Building community with your audience is trying to make your readers have to come back for more. They will be more likely to come back, if they feel part of something you write about. Writing good contents is one of the things you should know before you start blogging.
- Engage in survey: learn about what the readers want to know about. Figure out what your readers want and write about it.
4. Content Length
The content length of your posts affect the traffic on your blog. Writing detailed posts is one of those things you should know before you start blogging. Witting good and detailed contents can make you rank very high on Google or all other search engines. Writing about 2,000-word content can be of good help. But you need to note something here, write for the users/readers but not for google.
5. What Goes Online Actually Stays Online
Create a good brand for yourself. This is what people will be after. This will prompt them to visit your site regularly. Write quality and useful contents for your required audience. Treat your brand like a gold and do whatever you can to protect the brand. Make every piece of the content is a masterpiece. Don’t ever screw up by publishing bad content because it will be on web forever. And you may lose a few audiences/readers too which can affect your income. These are things you should know before you start blogging.
6. You Need to Be Social
Traffic is the strength of any blog. You need to know how to get them on your blog. You must be on social media platforms. Social media platforms include Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, StumbleUpon and many more. These social media can drive traffic to your blog. You can also buy traffic from the likes of Facebook or StumbleUpon. For example, using Facebook ads or StumbleUpon ads can make your blog traffic to increase gallantly. But, you will have to spend money to get that kind of traffic.
Build your social media profiles and spend time participating in the community. Post there regularly and build audience through your post, messaging other users and making friends with people on the platform. These and many more are things you should know before you start blogging.
Don’t put all of your time and efforts on a single social media site. This is because sometimes the most popular sites may die down. Make your blog popular by using as many social media platforms as you can.
7. People Out There Matters a Lot
Your readers need to be cared for. Don’t care about your visitors only, care about the readers too. Convert both your visitors and readers in to customers. Respond to comments that are left for you on the blog. Respond to any sort of questions being asked by your readers. Helping them to solve the puzzle builds trust in you as they come back to visit and read what you have as content. This will in turn help you to build your revenue. These are things you should know before you start blogging.
With these few approaches, you can nail it and start your own self-hosted blog. These aforementioned points are useful for beginners in the world of blogging. Make use of them to your best knowledge. Thanks for reading.
Use the comments section to ask questions or how you feel about this article.
Does this article teach you something?
We have actually reached the end of this article on “Things You Should Know Before You Start Blogging”.
Do you find this article useful? We would love to have your feedbacks/suggestions on this article.
You can contact us on Facebook, Twitter and/or Instagram.
Promote us today.
Share this article with your friends or link our contents with your website.